Thursday, September 18, 2014

Thirty-Second

This is yet another stream of consciousness post. It has been several weeks since my last post but I have felt either too tired, too busy, or too distracted to come up with a topic. I have chronic fatigue as a symptom of my fibromyalgia and multiple sclerosis and I can’t seem to shake it. I have to start going to the gym. I know it will make me tired, but if I’m healthier, I hope my illnesses will go into remission. I am just so sick. And I hate it. I can’t be the wife James’ deserves, the mother Momo deserves, the human my cats deserve while I feel this way. In other news, I got married. I am so very happy. I wish I could say that I had a beautiful wedding, and I did have a beautiful marriage ceremony, but money is a factor and so we opted for a courthouse wedding.

I am so bored and so tired. I want to nap, but I know I have to stay awake. I wish I didn’t though. Maybe just a short nap.

I have started going to church. The LDS church. I don’t really believe in it, but I want to. I believe in a lot more of the witchcraft path than anything else. But mostly, I am an atheist. As much as I want to believe in Deity, I just can’t ignore scientific facts that seem to support the theory that there is no intelligent design. I fully believe in evolution. I suppose I could subscribe to the theory that I used to hold. That in the beginning of eternity, there was the Masculine and the Feminine. The joining of these two forces created the universes, and the repetitions of time immemorial. These masculine and feminine principles manifest in God and the Goddess and the “different” deities worshipped throughout time were mere facets of those two principles. They wrote the universe in physics and math and science so science does not prove that they don’t exist, it merely explains the way the universe is.


I just don’t know. I want to know. I want to believe in something. Because I surely don’t believe in myself.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting married! For what it's worth, my husband & I had a church ceremony (although quite short & small) and my number one piece of advice to engaged couples is to elope. Too often the focus becomes the ceremony and details rather than the couple.

    As far as the faith issue, I hope you are able to find it soon. I'm a Christian and sort of the opposite- it's hard for me to imagine a life without that. There are tons of people who are Christian and believe in evolution- like myself. In my opinion science is more trying to explain how the world was created, which to me just doesn't have anything to do with who created it. There is a website called godofevolution.com that is actually run by a Christian. Just thought you might be interested hearing from people who have managed to have both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I am glad we had a small courthouse wedding. No point putting ourselves into debt just to have a fancy party.

      I admire your faith. I wish I had it. I would even face the ridicule of my atheist friends if I had strong faith. I think it's funny how I am trying so hard to find faith when I suppose I'm really interested in a la carte forging of my own path. Picking and choosing the principles I like, that I can believe, from every religion, including Satanism. I just am so confused. But thank you so much for your insight and for referring me to that link. I will definitely check it out!

      Delete