Saturday, July 27, 2013

Sixth

And there were people there

Lovely as you'd ever care
Tonight, baby, you can start again
Laughing in the open air
Have yourself another dream
Tonight, maybe we can start again



Forgive me, this post may be a little convoluted.

I am back on my medications, and with the chemicals came the numbness. I don’t feel much by way of emotion right now. I am numb. I need to get back on the citalopram. This sertraline (Zoloft) is killing my personality. While I am on it, I have nothing but high anxiety, being void of any other genuine emotion.

I went to the pool today. No one else was there, so I floated on my back, with my ears in the water. With all sound muted, I gazed up at the sky. My arms were spread wide as I floated there, and I pondered the lightest shade of blue, and I begged the Goddess to come to me. To open my soul and my senses to the magick of life and the universe. To help me unlock my heart to marvel at the beauty of a soaring eagle, or a monarch butterfly. I meditated there, weightless and drifting in the water, for what felt like hours. Suddenly, I realized, that I had been gazing in wonder at all of the exquisite shades of green the setting sun created in the tall trees that surround the pool. I smiled.

It is always so refreshing to me to realize that although I need to be on constant vigil when on medications, when I can break through the chemical haze and truly, deeply, profoundly feel…I am, more than ever. I just am.


What else in this universe is more beautiful than simply being?






No comments:

Post a Comment