Sunday, July 7, 2013

Second


If I was a bird, I could just escape   

Feel the wind flowing above the landscape   
Realities and occupations left behind   
I would fly to the highest mountains in the skyline   
Just sit and watch the world for a time   

      The greatest poets throughout history have always touched upon the release that being lost can bring to a starving mind. Robert Frost gets us lost as we take a road less traveled. Unsure of where we’re going, the discovery of our destination and the journey we embarked upon the moment we made that key decision to set off a previously uncertain chain of events frees us. I think it’s safe to say that most of us find the concept of discovering ourselves through getting lost somewhere in the woods or in a foreign country inspires us.
           

      What happens when we aren’t lost in the material plane? When it is within, in the secret-sacred spaces within our souls and minds, that we find we have lost our way? When the path is unclear, destination unknown. How do we find ourselves when our strongest enemy is ourselves?
    
      For the longest time, over the last two years or so, I have been on a journey of discovery. Walking the pagan path fervently after years of hiding my faith was the first step. Over the last few months, however, I became lost. A couple of months ago, I sought direction from my closest friends. Where was the Goddess? Why could I know longer feel my patron deities and why had my spirit guides fallen silent? After awhile, I was able to find a path. I got a new job, and I set new goals for myself, and somehow, routine made manifest the person I wanted to be.

Or did it?

     Once again, I found myself in torment. What am I supposed to be doing? Is there no greater purpose for me than this? This life, this reality, the universe I created by observing it and interacting with it…is this all there is?
    
      I sought out Kristy. She is my spiritual counselor, in a way. She provides tarot and stone readings. Now, before I sound too much like a commercial, I am not being compensated for writing this. Kristy gave me a reading, and it cleared so much up for me. She told me that I needed to focus on staying grounded. I’m flying away from my life, and I need to tether myself to Gaia if I’m going to find what I’m looking for. Kristy doesn’t just do a cold reading of her client. She asks questions. She offers guidance, telling you what the oracles or your spirit animals or Gaia have to say to you. It’s an exquisite form of therapy.
            
     I am ready now. To refocus my efforts on myself, on my journey. I know what my resources are, and I now have the courage to use them. Today, I am alive.

I am alive.





If you’d like to find out more about Tarot Kristy, please visit her blog. Don't worry, it's not dead. It's just sleeping for a few days.



**Heather and Mullein is in no way advocating replacing medical health professionals with psychic services. 

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written, Heather, and Kristy IS absolutely amazing. I am a dreamer... however, I am also a believer and a doer. I dream a dream, believe in that dream and then DO that dream. It's half flying free and half being tethered to reality. My fantasy, and my reality, tangle in the best way and make what my life what I need and love.

    You can, and you will, do the same.

    ReplyDelete